Thursday 22 March 2012

my problem Corsa Utility

When buying a used car, please please be very careful. If it has been in a front end. DO NOT BUY IT!

I made the huge mistake of purchasing a second hand car that had been in a front end collision. After checking that engine was still straight and in place and all the mountings were fine, we thought that the collision must have just been cosmetic. Not so, I have never in my life had, or heard of, a car that has given as many problems as my Corsa Utility Diesel bakkie has.

From the start I have been plagued with one problem after the next. And I know that usually they are one of the most reliable vehicles available on the market.

Over the space of 2 years I have had the following done

Alternator replaced
Starter Motor replaced
Engine replaced with a recon engine
Radiator recon
Engine mountings replaced
Fuel tank emptied stripped and cleaned
Injectors replaced countless times
Batteries replaced several times
and more stuff that I just can't remember
It has spend more time in the shop then it has on the road.

Today I have to go replace yet another battery because the one I bought in December has gone belly up. This on top of this months wheel replacement (all round), cv joint and bearing check, plus brakes,  is way way above anything I budgeted for.

I would love to be rid of this cement shoe i call a car, but sadly I owe more to the bank then I could possibly sell the car for. So please, please I beg of you, be very very careful with your purchase, take 6 car loving motorhead friends with if you have to, to triple, quadruple check and recheck everything and only if they all agree, then purchase the vehicle.

Ps I highly HIGHLY recommend purchasing a warranty for your used vehicle, mine has saved me a lot of worry and hassle

No comments:

Post a Comment