Monday 2 April 2012

Changing tyres

So this weekend I changed my Opel Corsa Utility's  wheels from low profile 17" to standard "high profile" tyres.





to







I knew I would feel some difference but was not expecting such a huge difference. I am absolutely amazed. After changing back I will never understand why some people prefer low profiles. Everything is better. The ride comfort, the handling, the power.

When I first purchased my Opel Corsa utility D, I thought it was just a very uncomfortable, hard ride. I thought maybe that was just the way with bakkies.

I also thought it was the noisiest car I had ever driven and the vibrations were intense. Every time I rode over a pebble I felt like the princess and the pea.

Surely this is what wagons felt like back in the days before rubber.


And now, oh wow, I feel like I'm driving on marshmallows she's so soft and smooth. My steering feels electric in comparison to before. Turning is easy, parking is easy, everything is just better.




Why on earth would people CHOOSE low profile, isn't that like devolving? To me its like going back to the wagon.




No comments:

Post a Comment