Tuesday 17 April 2012

latest news on e toll- how it effects us all





And the chop suey thickens. Now Sanral have finally started showing their hand. Yes, you don’t HAVE to buy a e tag, you don’t HAVE to register, BUT if you don’t…..you’ll get charged R1.75 /km as apposed, to the 30c/km  you would be charged as an e tag holder.


Giving the proverbial finger to all those planning on taking part in the nationwide boycott?

Just as an example, I decided to get an idea how much the e toll system would cost, I used their onsite calendar using two points I pass each day as my starting and destination points. 
From London Road Off ramp to Gillooleys Interchange
With e tag Approx R87 per month
Without R140

That is a tiny distance  with less then 3 off ramps between the 2 points.

 I can only imagine how staggering the costs would be to those travelling longer distances like Pta to Jhb or from South of Jhb to Sandton.
Not to mention how this will effect  every other aspect of our lives.

Food prices will go up so that the farmers and logistic companies can cover their extra transport costs. Any company that uses the highways for their business will increase the cost of the product or service to cover it.




So what does this mean for us? We’ll be paying more, more for food, more for services, more for petrol and more to get to work. So on the same salary but paying more for essentials we will slowly become poorer.


The rest of the country just shrugs its shoulders, after all, as far as they can see, this is a Gauteng problem right? Wrong, you will all be paying more for everything. The price increases will go across the board and affect the entire country.



Our only hope I feel is that the "people" realize how they have been shafted over the years and finally STOP VOTING ANC!!!!!!!!  I don't care who else you vote for, just NOT ANC!!!!!!!! All they have done is take away all the peoples money and given it to the politicians. We starve while they drive luxury cars and live in fancy houses


             Welcome to another Zimbabwe where the politicians thrive and the people suffer. 






how most of South africa lives
How Zuma lives
















Amazing how different the lives of "the people" and their chosen leaders are





zuma safe and sound in decedent luxury










4 comments:

  1. Absolute bullying tactics - I can stand firm and still refuse to buy an e-tag, but I don't have to use a freeway to get to work. However, with companies like Premier Foods forcing their drivers to use back roads, the route I use will probably become extremely congested and I'll have to move closer to work (which is in an area I can't afford - CATCH 22!)
    I'd like to suggest a boycott of Premier Food brands, but the drivers are running scared about losing their jobs as it is, and their take-home pay is already going to be severely cut when they have to pay their own e-toll fees, so such a boycott would affect the wrong people. A curse on Premier Food management for perpetuating the bullying tactics, they should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting their drivers in such a manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another issue I'm curious about - when I go to renew my vehicle licence, will they try to withhold it because I don't have an e-tag, even though I don't use highways? I've spent at least 10 years trying to persuade SABC's bullies that the reason I don't have a TV licence is that I don't have a TV. Those disgusting VVM Attorneys will no doubt be trying to harass non-e-taggers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaytee

    As far as I know, currently they are unable to withhold vehicle licenses as it is both illegal and a completely separate department

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to STRIKE a blow against Sanral!!
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Politics/Tolls-Cosatu-plans-mother-of-all-protests-20120417

    Let's go!

    ReplyDelete