Monday 30 July 2012

Changing tyres from low profile to regular wheels

low profile tyres


ford fiesta 2004
So as a follow up to my blog about changing tyres on my Corsa Utility from low profile to regular, this weekend a friend of mine changed her Ford Fiesta from low profiles to regular. Her opinion though is quite different to mine.

Opel Corsa Utility 2004


Whereas I was thrilled with the difference in my slower workhorse she is unhappy with the changes to performance of her fast nippy Ford Fiesta 1.6.

She feels the car just doesn't have the pulling power it used to have. That its not as nippy and powerfully quick as it was before. I still feel that the ride is more comfortable, even in her car.

Interesting thought. Have any of you changed from one type to the other? What is your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. I change from regulars to low profile tyres a couple of years ago, all I remember is the first month driving it felt really weird. I had to really slow down for bumps an it felt i was going 40mph at 30mph. Know i have go used to them some it not as bad. I have been thinking about going back to regular tyres more for the price difference have a look how much more expensive low profiles are on Easy Wheels

    ReplyDelete