Tuesday 27 March 2012

low profile tyres vs regular tyres

low profiles


standard wheels


I am so excited, this week I am finally changing the wheels on my Corsa Utility BACK to regular wheels and tyres.



So this week my life has been all about tyres and wheels. I've been looking up different information and the pro's and cons of "profiles"





So what is the big deal about low profiles? Simply....they look cool...well according to some people anyway. I personally am not a fan.







 Pros
Looks good, excellent grip and responsiveness due to stiffer side walls

They generally have a lower rolling resistance

They have superior sidewall stability under braking



Cons
Bumpier ride, sidewall/ rims more prone to bending on rough roads

Correct tyre pressure is more critical

Lower load carrying capacity per tyre

Less progressive breakaway

Much less mileage per set, Wear very quickly

Easier to damage if you hit a pavement or pothole



 I am curious to see/feel how different my Corsa Utility feels and handles and will be sure to update you all on my opinion of the change.

What do you think about low profiles vs regular tyres?

3 comments:

  1. Too many cons to consider going for low profiles - apart from the fact that they are, imho, incredibly ugly. The pic you've used with that black car looks totally unbalanced. Reminds one of oxwagons, when they hadn't discovered how to soften a ride yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For any of my blog followers that are interested

    http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-ViewAd?AdId=366799493&MessageId=MSG.VIEW_AD.AD_ALREADY_ACTIVEMXAdIdMZ366799493

    ReplyDelete
  3. My website is also provide good services for the tyres...Visit That link http://www.newtyreswolverhampton.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete